Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Random Thoughts on Cowardice

"Cowards die many times, but the valiant taste of death but once" That is a quote that kind of sticks to you, isn't it. And being a coward is not always what you think. It could be not having the strength to stand up or to resist temptation. As a human we naturally take the coward side many, several, hundreds, and many more times in our life. I guess then our conscience kicks in. So we are left feeling empty. And I suppose that that is where that saying comes from, although it was originally said by Julius Caesar in Shakespeare's classic play of Julius Caesar. I don't know. What do you think?
I was kind of flipping through my Bible when I came upon David's story, and he was so loyal to God. But when he fell, he tasted that death really strongly. And he sort of talks about that in Psalms.
I believe that God is always there for us, even when it does not seem like it. He is the closest when we think he is gone forever. Sometimes I feel that way for a long time. But I have faith

No comments:

Daily Bible Verse

All Blog Content Copyright © 2007 Harmonious Glow Writings

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape