Thursday, June 21, 2007

Two Grandparents

Two Grandparents
Memory comes to me with only one of many thoughts.
I never knew my Grandma Geri.
In my mind, the thought rots.
The thought stays on my mind and it my mind carries,
But there are still those who comfort my thought.
My Great Grandma holds me and loves me as single.
Together we make dinner using recipes and pots,
And in my ear some comfort tingles.
Together we act, sing and have fun.
She tells me stories of my Grandma's life.
So we still have fun in our life,
And then there is Helen,
Sweet and thoughtful she is,
Like an adopted grandparent, as soft as a melon.
When I don't see her, she is missed.
Helen and Grat Grandma,
The two grandparents I have left.
Always as loving as a panda,
Never a theft.
To you they give love,
And in return they get it back.
They are gentle like a dove.
One related, one not.
One by blood, one by love.
Both my grandparents that have not fought.
Forever and ever may we be friends.
Friends to the end,
And grandmas forever.

No comments:

Daily Bible Verse

All Blog Content Copyright © 2007 Harmonious Glow Writings

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape