Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Biblical and NonBiblical

I apologize ahead of time if any of this offends you. I am a Christian and my views expressed will often reflect this. Not all of my posts will have to do with my faith, so I hope that the ones that do have to do with faith will not keep you from reading my writings.

I understand that it is good to explore other religions and things that are out there that are not "biblical." We need to stay open minded in a way, but also to make sure not to put ourselves in boxes. We need to know what we believe and what others believe so that when the time comes we can defend our beliefs and know what to expect from our "opponent." I know that as a journalist I will have to face certain environments and people, but when I do I will hold firm to my beliefs and try to represent God well without being one of those people who say, you are wrong, change. The point is to plant seeds and only move when the moment is right. Yes, I need to understand "trends" and such, but I hate it when people say I am narrow minded because I am a Christian and stick to my beliefs. Another point, just because I try to understand things that are "unbiblical" does not make me out to be doing something wrong, and just because I explore the ideas of those things does not mean that they are right. So if I call something unbiblical, I do not mean that I am narrow-minded and will not think about such areas and be open to those areas, but that I believe in absolute truth and that truth is the Bible, and the Bible says that being homosexual is wrong, so naturally I believe that people can not be Christian and homosexual at the same time and that homosexuality is "nonbiblical."

No comments:

Daily Bible Verse

All Blog Content Copyright © 2007 Harmonious Glow Writings

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape