Friday, June 22, 2007

The Shepherd's Reply to the Nymph

Should Truth not be in me
I know that such things would not be
That love would not last till the end
But sad messages we would send

I see not why my things don’t please
My heart and soul you should not tease
If all pleasures should cease to exist
You, love, would still be on my list

Your beauty shines even in dark
On every person, it leaves mark
Such that even in your old age
In jealousy, women would rage

For all the world and love are young
And truth is in this shepherd’s tongue
These pretty pleasures and my love
Are strong to make all move above

I earn thy love by your return
Or by leave, below may I burn
Love is for you not your beauty
My true love shall sing very sweetly

And if this love sing does move thee
Then be my love and live with me

No comments:

Daily Bible Verse

All Blog Content Copyright © 2007 Harmonious Glow Writings

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape