Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rain

It's raining again. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels after it being over 100 degrees outside all day. I love to just stand under the rain and stick my tongue out. The taste of rain is fresh. It fills my soul with longing. It's refreshing. It takes me away to another world. I can't explain the feeling I get when it rains. It's raining right now. it's still 90 degrees outside, and it's only sprinkling, but that doesn't matter. It feels too good to know God has brought something to remind me of his glory. I know the sun will come out tomorrow. It will remain cloudy for a while and then it will be scorching with heat again. But this one short period has blessed me. I know this moment will never leave me. Rain is a beautiful thing. You can feel it upon your face and shoulders and legs and arms. It soaks your clothing entirely. It gives you a cold. It makes you sick. But it is a wonderful thing. I love the rain. And right now I want nothing more than to stand outside and take whatever effects it might have on me. Some consequences are good, although most are bad. This time, I think I'll take the consequences. This is too much of a phenomenon to pass up. Yes, it's just rain, and yes, it comes often. Even during the summer it comes. But every rain is a blessing, and I would not give such things up for the entire world. Let it rain. I long for the rain to touch me.

No comments:

Daily Bible Verse

All Blog Content Copyright © 2007 Harmonious Glow Writings

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape